- in Recipes
While developing this recipe, my goal was to prove that you could emulate the authentic Italian flavours of the classic Margherita whilst being both vegan and gluten free.
I’d say it turned out perfectly!
The vegan cheese and tomato base topped with fresh basil is a classic that you have to try. With only a few, simple steps, this pizza is SUPER easy to make.
Should you recreate this Simplistic Margherita Pizza, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup of vegan cheese
- 5 - 6 cherry tomatoes
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Make the gluten-free & vegan pizza crust as per the instructions in the recipe.
- While the crust is pre-cooking, make the pizza sauce by combining all sauce ingredients in a bowl, set aside.
- Next, cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Remove the pizza crust after 20 minutes and increase the heat to 210 degrees celsius.
- Coat the crust generously with the pizza sauce. Top with vegan cheese & cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for an additional 20 - 23 minutes, remove from the oven when the crust is crispy and toppings are hot.
- Garnish with fresh basil (if you want to be fancy!), slice & serve.
IF YOU ARE YOU USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: