- in Recipes
Gourmet Pesto Pizza With Cashew Cheese Sauce (Vegan & Gluten-Free!)
Not the best cook in the world? No problem! Fool your guests into thinking you're actually a culinary master with this fancy gourmet pesto pizza.
Topped with a few simple ingredients, the summery warm flavours of pesto, artichokes, and sun-dried, tomatoes come together in this recipe on a delicious sweet potato crust. Finished with a creamy cashew sauce and a drizzle of sweet chilli, you're bound to look like you've studied a bachelor in flavour complimenting… that's a thing right?
Should you recreate this Gourmet Pesto Pizza With Cashew Cheese Sauce, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- One sweet potato crust or your favourite store bought base
Pesto Pizza Sauce:
- 2 cups of fresh basil
- ½ cup of cashews
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp of lemon juice
- Salt & pepper to taste
Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- 2 cups of cashews
- 4 tbsp of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of soy milk
- 6 artichoke hearts
- ¼ red onion
- Black sliced olives
- Sun-dried Tomato Strips
- Drizzle of sweet chilli sauce
- Make the sweet potato crust as per the instructions in the recipe.
- While the crust is pre-cooking, add all the pesto pizza sauce ingredients to a food processor or high powered blender and blend until smooth. Scrape down sides as necessary and add 1 tbsp of water to thin the pesto if necessary.
- Set the sauce aside in a small bowl and rinse the food processor.
- Next, add all the cashew cheese sauce ingredients to the processor, and blend for 10 minutes on high or until the sauce becomes smooth. If you want a thinner 'drizzle' type of sauce, add more soy milk to thin to your desired consistency. Set aside. (You will likely have a lot of sauce leftover, store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Great spread on toast or stirred through pasta).
- Cut artichoke hearts into halves & dice the onion.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven after 15 minutes.
- Coat the crust generously with the pesto. Top with sun dried tomatoes, onions, olives & artichoke hearts. Drizzle, dollop or even spread the cashew cheese over the pesto sauce!
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, remove from the oven when the crust is browning and the toppings are hot.
- Cool for 5 minutes and drizzle with sweet chilli sauce, slice & serve.
Read more: Best Gluten-Free Pizza and Best Vegan Pizza
IF YOU ARE YOU USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: