Who says pizza has to be unhealthy?
The flavours of Italy really shine through in this scrumptious Italian Mediterranean pizza. Feed it to your kids to get some sneaky veggies in, or chow down a whole one to yourself!
The best part?
It's totally healthy and guilt-free!
Should you recreate this Italian Mediterranean With Cashew Cheese Sauce, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- One sweet potato crust or your favourite store bought base
Herby Tomato Pizza Sauce:
- ½ cup of tomato paste
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1 tsp of oregano
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
Cashew Cheese Sauce:
- 3 field mushrooms
- ½ capsicum
- ¼ red onion
- 6 artichoke hearts
- Kalamata olives
- Sun dried tomato strips
- Spinach leaves
- Make the sweet potato crust as per the instructions in the recipe.
- While the crust is pre-cooking, add all the cashew cheese sauce ingredients to a high speed blender or food processor and blend for 10 minutes on high or until the sauce becomes smooth. If you want a thinner 'drizzle' type of sauce, add more soy milk to thin to your desired consistency. Set aside. (You will likely have a lot of sauce leftover, store in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Great spread on toast or stirred through pasta).
- Make the tomato pizza sauce by combining and whisking all sauce ingredients.
- Cut the artichoke hearts into halves & dice the mushrooms, onion & capsicum.
- Remove the pizza crust from the oven after 15 minutes.
- Coat the crust generously with the tomato pizza sauce then spread the cashew cheese over the top. Add the toppings!
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, remove from the oven when the crust is browning and the toppings are hot.
- Cool for 5 minutes, slice & serve hot.
IF YOU ARE YOU USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: