- in Recipes
Easiest Gluten Free Pizza Crust (Vegan, Gluten-Free & Yeastless!)
Cooking for a guest that’s gluten intolerant?
Or maybe you have celiac disease?
Or you might just want to make a kick-ass pizza crust without the gluten just for the hell of it!
Whatever the reason, this pizza crust is not only gluten free but also VEGAN! (And did I mention it’s yeast-less? In other words, super easy!)
Should you recreate this Easiest Gluten Free Pizza Crust, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of xanthan gum
- 1/4 cups of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together until very well combined.
- Create a well in the centre of the bowl and add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough-like texture begins to form. The dough should begin to come together in clumps, when this happens, push it together with your hands to form one big ball.
- Transfer the dough ball to a lightly floured and clean workspace, separate the dough into two even halves.
- Take one part and knead the dough for 2 - 3 minutes, or until it is no longer sticky. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, wet your hands with warm water and knead for an additional minute. If the dough is too wet, add more flour to your workspace and knead for another minute.
- When the dough reaches the correct consistency, form a small disc-like circle.
Read more: Best Gluten-Free Pizza and Best Vegan Pizza