- in Recipes
Gluten Free & Vegan Herby Pizza Crust (Vegan, Gluten-Free & Yeastless!)
This dough is an ‘extra’ version of the Easiest Gluten Free Pizza Crust.
We literally ‘spiced it up’ by adding in some extra oregano, basil and garlic, giving it an authentic Italian twist.
Gluten free, vegan AND yeast-less - you can’t go wrong with this pizza base.
Should you recreate this Gluten Free & Vegan Herby Pizza Crust, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- 2 1/2 cups of gluten-free flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 1 tablespoon of xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons of dried basil
- 1/4 cups of olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- Sift together the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Whisk the dry ingredients together until very well combined.
- Create a well in the centre of the bowl and add in the wet ingredients.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until a dough-like texture begins to form. The dough should begin to come together in clumps, when this happens, push it together with your hands to form one big ball.
- Transfer the dough ball to a lightly floured and clean workspace, separate the dough into two even halves.
- Take one part and knead the dough for 2 - 3 minutes, or until it is no longer sticky. If the dough is too dry and crumbly, wet your hands with warm water and knead for an additional minute. If the dough is too wet, add more flour to your workspace and knead for another minute.
- When the dough reaches the correct consistency, form a small disc-like circle.
- Roll the dough into an even circle, flipping it over occasionally, until your desired size and thickness is met. If you want to create a ‘crust’, fold over the edges of the dough.
Read more: Best Gluten-Free Pizza and Best Vegan Pizza