- in Recipes
- 1 comments
Thai Tofu Pizza on Flatbread Crust (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
If Italian and Asian cuisine fell in love and had a child together, this pizza would be the result. (And it's INCREDIBLE! I promise.)
A little bit of a twist on your classic pizza, the mouth watering flavours of satay tofu and traditional thai veggies are piled high on a crispy flatbread crust. Topped with a mountain of vegan cheese and garnished with bean sprouts, I guarantee your taste buds are gonna love you after this one.
Should you recreate this Thai Tofu Pizza on Flatbread Crust, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- One Gluten-Free Flatbread Base or your favourite store bought base
Thai Peanut Pizza Sauce:
- ½ cup of peanut butter
- 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce or tamari
- 1 tsp of grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- Squeeze of lime
- 1 cup of vegan cheese
- 200g store bought satay tofu
- Green onions
- Crushed peanuts
- Bean sprouts
- Make the gluten-free flatbread base as per the instructions in the recipe.
- Make the satay pizza sauce by combining all sauce ingredients and whisking together.
- Grate the cheese & cut the tofu into cubes or strips. Dice the green onions into small rings.
- Coat the crust generously with the satay pizza sauce. Add all the toppings except for the bean sprouts.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes, remove from the oven when the crust is browning and the toppings are hot.
- Garnish with bean sprouts. Cool for 5 minutes, slice & serve hot.
Read more: Best Gluten-Free Pizza and Best Vegan Pizza
IF YOU ARE YOU USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO:
As soon as I figure out how to fill this with gluten, I’m going to try it.