A gorgeously home-cooked pizza, the Rustic Mediterranean-Style Hummus & Veg is quick and easy to prepare, making it the perfect meal for those nights that you just don’t feel like cooking.
Rather than using the traditional tomato-based pizza sauce, I felt like being a little adventurous.
This recipe uses hummus as a base, which is used to create a creamy texture and flavor. Paired with fried zucchini, capsicum & purple onions, this is bound to be a treat for the entire family.
Should you recreate this Rustic Mediterranean-Style Hummus & Veg Pizza, please leave a comment below and don't forget to tag us in your Instagram or Facebook with @truegreatvegan and #truegreatvegan because We love to see your pizza!
Rustic Mediterranean-Style Hummus & Veg Pizza
Makes: 2 medium pizzas or one large pizza.
- 1 cup of your favourite hummus!
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of italian herbs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Make the garlic & herb pizza crust as per the instructions in the recipe.
- While the crust is pre-cooking, slice the zucchini into circles.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium - high heat.
- Slice the zucchini into circles. Place them in the pan when the oil is hot, the zucchini should sizzle.
- Fry for 3 - 4 minutes on either side, or until the zucchini begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with italian herbs, salt & pepper. Set aside.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves & dice the onion & capsicum.
- Remove the pizza crust after 20 minutes and increase the heat to 210 degrees celsius.
- Coat the crust generously with the hummus. Top with fried zucchini, olives, capsicum, onion & cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle over nutritional yeast.
- Bake for an additional 20 - 23 minutes, remove from the oven when the crust is crispy and toppings are hot.
- Cool for 5 minutes, drizzle with barbecue sauce if desired. Slice & serve.
IF YOU ARE YOU USING PINTEREST, FEEL FREE TO PIN THE FOLLOWING PHOTO: